- Product Description
- Additional Information
- Product's Review
- Diamond Education
- Shipping & Delivery
- Ask A Question
- Return Policy
Princess diamonds have gained in popularity in recent years; they are modern, clean and very tailored looking. I1 clarity diamonds will have some inclusions diamonds, but they are a great low-cost option. K color diamonds will have a very noticeable tint of yellow. Be informed and take a look at our Diamond Guide to see more detail to what a K color and I1 clarity diamonds mean.
Century Diamonds is committed to offering our customers high quality craftsmanship, superb customer service and a wide selection of diamonds all at unbelievably low prices. But just because our prices are cheap doesnt mean our products are. Every diamond purchased from us is 100% natural, not treated, not enhanced, and conflict-free. Every purchase made from Century Diamonds comes with full appraisal and certification, an elegant jewelry box, a lifetime upgrade and exchange policy, a lifetime warranty and 30-day money back returns.
If you need to customize your 1/2 carat diamond earrings, we can do that for you. Century Diamonds can make any design that you can think of and do it to perfection! Please contact one of our customer service specialists to assist you further!
So what are you waiting for? Buy these beautiful half carat diamond stud earrings today!
|Item Type||Diamond Stud Earrings|
|Condition||Brand New - Never Used/Never Worn - Made to Order|
|Diamond Type||100% Natural - Not Treated|
|Number of Diamonds||2|
|Total Diamond Weight (cts.)||0.50|
|Metal Finish||High Gloss|
|Metal||Available in 14k White Gold, 14k Yellow Gold, 14k Rose Gold, 18k White Gold, 18k Yellow Gold, or Platinum-950|
|Lifetime Upgrades||Eligible for Full Upgrades|
Century Diamonds - Diamond Education
Welcome to “Diamonds 101.” Century Diamonds is committed to helping customers make educated, informed decisions, and here you can find all the information you need for the 4 C's: Clarity, Color, Carats and Cut. If you have any questions, feel free to visit our Contact Page and ask us anything.
- FL-IF ·Flawless or Internally Flawless. No internal inclusions that can be seen under 10x magnification. May be seen under larger magnification
- VVS1-VVS2 ·Very Very Small inclusions. Difficult to detect under 10x magnification.
- VS1-VS2 ·Very Small inclusions can be seen under 10x magnification and in rare cases to the naked eye.
- SI1-SI2 ·Small inclusions can be seen under 10x magnification and may be visible to the naked eye. Inclusions will be visible on larger diamonds.
- SI3 ·Inclusions can be seen under 10x magnification and are visible to the naked eye. Slight cloudiness.
- I1-I2-I3 ·Inclusions are visible under 10x magnification and visible to the naked eye. Diamonds will be cloudy.
Diamond clarity refers to the visual quality of the diamond, based on the amount of inclusions and blemishes. Inclusions may refer to foreign crystals within the transparent surface of the diamond, or small structural imperfections like cracks. Substantial inclusions can cause diamonds to have a milky or cloudy appearance. Blemishes, on the other hand, are imperfections that appear on the outer surface of the diamond. A clarity grade is assigned based on the appearance of the diamond under 10x magnification.
Smaller inclusions do not typically impact the ability of light to pass through a diamond, but large inclusions can prevent light from transmitting properly. The most valuable diamonds are referred to as Flawless (FL), because they have absolutely no inclusions or blemishes. Such diamonds are rare and coveted.
Overall, there are 10 clarity grades that a diamond can receive. Below FL is IF, or Internally Flawless, followed by Very, Very Small Inclusions (VVS1 and VVS2), Very Small Inclusions (VS1 and VS2), Small Inclusions (SI1 and SI2) and Imperfect (I1, I2 and I3).
In order to assign a color grade to a particular diamond, a grader must compare the diamond to a master stone diamond set. Each master stone in a particular set exhibits the least amount of color allowed by a diamond of its particular grade. A diamond is assigned a grade based on having more, less or equal color to the master stones.
A chemically perfect diamond has no color at all, but in some cases, color can increase the value of a diamond, even though the colors emerge as a result of chemical impurities and structural defects. Possible colors include yellow, pink, purple, blue or even black. Red diamonds are the rarest and are extremely valuable.
For standard diamonds, color is graded on an alphabetical scale from D to Z. A “D” to “F” grade represents a perfectly colorless diamond, while an “S” to “Z” grade represents light yellow. Other grades include “Near Colorless” (G-J), “Faint Yellow” (K-M) and “Very Light Yellow” (N-R).
Carat refers to the weight of the diamond. Specifically, a carat is a unit of measurement equal to 200 milligrams. Heavier diamonds are more valuable because they appear much less frequently in nature, which makes them scarce and highly desirable. Carats are assessed not only by weight, but also by points. One carat is equal to 100 points, so a .5-carat diamond is equal to 50 points, and a 2-carat diamond is worth 200 points.
Greater weight amounts not only to greater value, but it also allows for greater detail and brilliance. Light has a much larger canvas for refraction on a 2.50-carat diamond than on a .10-carat diamond, and the details are more readily visible and prominent. While a 2.50-carat diamond ring boasts a magnificent appearance, diamonds can actually be more than 100 carats in mass, such as the famous Paragon.
The cut refers not to the shape of the diamond specifically, but to the actual quality and precision of the stone. Factors like symmetry, proportion and polish are crucial in assigning a grade to a diamond's cut. A diamond with high-quality cut will appear more brilliant and luminous, while a poorly cut diamond may appear dull. Many different cuts exist, including the Princess, the Emerald, and the popular Round Brilliant, which contains 58 individual facets and is the most valuable cut.
To break it down a bit more, the dimensions and symmetry of a diamond largely define the cut. When a diamond's facets are in proper alignment, light is more effectively refracted through the top of the diamond. This causes the entire stone to sparkle brilliantly. Most gemologists agree that the cut is the most important characteristic in determining the quality of a diamond, because even if the weight, color and clarity have high grades, a poorly cut diamond will still appear dull, undermining the other characteristics.
When assessing the dimensions of a diamond and how they play a role in defining the cut, it's important to understand how the wrong dimensions can have an adverse effect on quality. If the stone is too shallow, it loses light through the bottom. If the stone is too deep, it loses light through the sides. Finding the right balance ensures the maximum sparkle.
Century Diamonds - Shipping and Delivery Information
Every item purchased at Century Diamonds is hand crafted and assembled in the USA immediately after your order is placed. Most standard settings can take up to 5 business days to produce while some of the more complicated ones can take up to 30 days. Unlike most brick-and-mortar jewelry stores, Century Diamonds guarantees you are the only person to ever wear your new jewelry!
Every package shipped by us comes in a discrete box. The sender address will be Century Inc. and we never write diamonds or jewelry anywhere on the outside of the box.
Shipping time can very greatly depending on the shipping method you select at checkout. We offer the following shipping methods for your convenience:
|Shipping Method||Transit time||Price||Insurance||Tracking|
||USPS First Class Mail||5-9 Business Days||Free||Yes||Yes|
|UPS 2-Day Air*||2 Business Days||$14
(Free for orders over $2,500)
|UPS Overnight*||1 Business Day||$24
(Free for orders over $5,000)
|International Shipping||Transit time||Price||Insurance||Tracking|
|UPS International (Canada)||3-14 Business Days||$79||Yes||Yes|
|UPS International (All Other)||3-30 Business Days||$99||Yes||Most Countries|
*To ensure your package arrives promptly, we recommend purchasing UPS 2-Day Air or Overnight.
What comes with your order:
- Lifetime Upgrade Policy - Need to upgrade your purchase? You easily can with our lifetime upgrade policy. See the full details of our lifetime upgrade policy.
- Lifetime Warranty - Every purchase made at Century Diamonds comes backed by our lifetime guarantee. See the full details of our lifetime warranty.
- Lifetime Care and Maintenance - Did your diamond lose some of its original lustre? Then send it back to us and we will make it look like new for free. See the full details of our lifetime warranty.
- Appraisal Certificate - Every diamond we sell comes certified by a reputable certification agency.
- Jewelry Gift Box - Your order comes with an elegant gift box for free, but feel free to upgrade to one of our wooden boxes!
RETURN & EXCHANGE POLICY
- If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you have 7 days from the delivery date to postmark the item for a full refund.
- Items shipped after 7 days are subject to a 20% restocking fee.
- There is no restocking fee for items exchanged after 7 days. See our lifetime upgrade policy below.
Lifetime Upgrade Policy
In addition to our return policy, we offer you the opportunity to upgrade your diamonds at any time in the future.
- We do NOT charge a fee for lifetime exchanges. You may upgrade at anytime and just pay the difference in purchase price.
- Custom or engraved jewelry is not eligible for lifetime exchanges.
- Items may only be exchanged for merchandise of greater or equal value of the original purchase price.
- Acceptance of damaged or altered items will be at the discretion of Century Diamonds.
- Lifetime upgrades cannot be combined with any other promotion or coupon code.